THE STRATEGY TO DISCREDIT BIBLE PROPHECY
We were in Africa on May 21, 2011, the day advertised to be 'Judgment Day'. Billboards were even put up in the huge city of Nairobi. What astonished me is that millions of dollars were donated and spent to promote this bogus prediction. Before May 21,st pundits on news channels were also heavily talking about this prophecy, the day the 'Rapture' and 'Judgment Day' was supposed to happen. Many people were terrified. 'Judgment Day' parties by many non-Christians were planned around the world in open mockery. The atheists were feasting on this, seeing another opportunity to discredit Bible prophecy.
There were signs saying, 'The Bible Guarantees this!' which was a blatant lie and exactly the opposite of what Jesus said.
Matthew 25:13 Jesus said, "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
Matthew 24:23 Jesus said, "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not." KJV
False prophets have been setting dates for the coming of the Lord for hundreds of years. One well known false prophet was '88 reasons Jesus is Coming in '88. In Mbarara, Uganda another similar hoax was propagated by false prophets. People sold everything they had and gave the money to the prophets. Over a thousand people lost their lives over this false teaching while the false prophets disappeared with the loot. Get this clear in your mind, Anyone setting a date for the coming of the Lord is a false prophet. The results of those setting dates for Christ's return has always been damning to Christianity.
BIBLE PROPHECY HAS BEEN DISTORTED
- NOTE: 'The Judgment Day' is not the end of the world or the Second Coming of Christ. 'The Judgment Day' is when every person ever born will stand before God to give an account of their lives to determine where they will spend eternity. (See the article: The Great White Throne Judgment
- Another distortion is the teaching that there is NO RAPTURE, no catching away of the saints. This is being taught by 'KINGDOM NOW', 'DOMINION NOW' preachers who are dominating Christian television. They teach that they are going to use their faith and conquer the governments and economies of the world and then turn the world over to Jesus. The number one error here is that they make themselves the savior of the world and not Jesus. That is unscriptural.
1 Corinthians 15:25 "For He (Jesus) must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet."
Teaching there is no Rapture totally defies many scriptures, particularly…
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout , with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
Although the word 'Rapture' is not in the Bible, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 describes what is called 'the Rapture'. If you reject or ignore this scripture, you might as well reject all scriptures and make up your own religion. That is what many preachers have done, but unfortunately they have continued calling themselves Christian preachers and have misled many unsuspecting Christians. This is NOT Christianity!
- Many preachers GUARANTEE THAT THE RAPTURE WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE THE MARK OF THE BEAST is given. This is a very dangerous teaching. The fact is that some people are already being chipped. Although we all hope the Rapture will take place before the Mark is given, there is no place in the Bible that guarantees this. (See the article: 'Could the Verichip be The Mark of the Beast?'
- Some denominations believe that the Book of Revelation is only allegorical and not literal. They don’t believe Bible prophecy is relevant for today.
- Preterism is the belief that the prophecies of the Book of Daniel and Book of Revelation have already happened and were fulfilled by 70 A.D. Some of them believe that Jesus has already returned. They don’t believe in the literal nation of Israel and that it has anything to do with Bible prophecy. They believe that the church is now Israel.
A COLUMNIST OF A MAJOR NEWSPAPER wrote a scathing article about Christ and Bible Prophecy the day after 'The Judgment Day' was supposed to happen.
Synopsis of his article:
'There have been so many 'end time' quacks predicting the 'end of the world'. We know that the idea of the world coming to an end started with the pagan's way before Christianity. The imagined 'end time' event when the dying and resurrecting 'god-man' is supposed to come back to lead the sons of a god to fight the sons of the devil is nothing but mythology. But the church says it has authority that this will happen from the 'god-man' himself. We know his disciples thought they would be alive themselves when he returned, but they all died. If Jesus really uttered these words and history has proven them wrong, then Christians must be mature enough to admit it. This is just too surreal for anyone to believe. So many have prayed using his name in vain. It is total vanity saying the name of Jesus over and over disturbing normal people.
Setting dates for Jesus to come has been done over and over for centuries and nothing has ever happened. Every year for over 2000 years, different prophets have predicted the end of the world, and all of them have been proven false. This is pure cruelty and terrorism. Many talk about the Anti-Christ. Who is he really? I think what they mean is the non-Caucasian, the pacifist, the homosexual, the feminist, the Palestinian, the Iranian, the Arab, the Afghan, the North Korean, the Iraqi. Anyone who differs with them is considered the Anti-Christ. It's time for true Christians to refuse this lie and become a part of the real world and be a part of the solution and not the problem.'
LET'S EXAMINE THE DISTORTIONS IN WHAT HE IS SAYING:
- He calls Jesus the 'god-man', using a little 'g' describing Him. This shows his utter disdain for Christ.
- He says that 'history has proven Jesus' words wrong'. Evidently this man knows nothing about history, but most likely he is intently ignoring it. Israel becoming a nation again in itself proves Jesus words were accurate. Mt 24:32. Outside of the hand of God this was totally impossible. Bible prophecy has been fulfilled before our very eyes.
- He says that 'so many use his (Jesus) name and pray in vain'. This proves he is an atheist and enemy of Christ.
John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." KJV
- He says 'it is total vanity using the name of Jesus'.
Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." KJV
- Saying the 'end time' was prophesied by the pagans before Christianity. We know that the Old Testament, which was before Christianity, is full of end-time prophesies. Jesus referred to the O.T. often. Satan also has tried to copy everything that God has ever done or said.
- He says that Jesus said he would come before the disciples died. That's not what Jesus said!
Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen 'the kingdom of God' come with power." Jesus did not say they would not see death before his Second Coming. Jesus said in Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:" Jesus was referring to them receiving the Baptism of the Holy Ghost which was to come. This was fulfilled in Acts 2:4.
Matthew 24:34 Jesus said 'this generation' shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled. Jesus was not talking about them being alive when he returned. He was talking about 'the generation' that sees all these signs that are mentioned in these scriptures would not pass till all these things he spoke would be fulfilled and He would return. ( 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth)."
- The columnist sarcastically talked about the end of the world.
Isaiah 65:17 "I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." (When the disciples were talking about the 'end of the world', Jesus made it clear that he was talking about 'the end of the age', not the end of the world. The day will come that the world will be renovated, but it will not be destroyed).
Isaiah 45:17 "ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end."
- He says that the Antichrist is anything non-white, non-violent, non-straight, and non-American. This shows that this columnist is a liberal racist pagan who has no understanding of the scriptures. He says that 'Christians need to come in the real world and become a part of the solution and not the problem'. In no uncertain terms he is saying that Christians are the main problem with the world. What he is saying is that the 'real world' is actually non-Christian. It is clear that his idea of the 'real world' and THE SOLUTION to the world's problems, is to have a world without Christianity, without Christ, without God, and without morality. This to him would be paradise).
This commentator is not just mocking 'THE JUDGMENT DAY', but also Christ, THE SECOND COMING, BIBLE PROPHECY, MORALITY, the Bible, PRAYER, and christianity itself.
After 'Judgment Day', columnists and commentators all over the world wrote and spoke similar venomous things to billions. Their antichrist agenda is very clear.
Acts 4:26 "The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ." KJV
Jude 15 "To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him." KJV
At Pearl Harbor soldiers manning radar sites picked up the waves of Japanese fighter bombers coming in and warned their superior officers, but they didn't believe them. Everyone in the vicinity was warned that Mt. St. Helen's Volcano was going to erupt, but there were some who didn't believe it and wouldn't leave. They died. Many cities have TORNADO WARNING systems. Some heed the warnings, some don't. Every hurricane season, death defying HURRICANE PARTIES are common. TSUNAMI WARNINGS are given, but many choose to ignore them. There are many false alarms which desensitize people, but sometimes the warning is right. If you miss it, it can cost you your life.
PEOPLE HAVE MOCKED AT GOD’S WARNINGS FOR A LONG TIME
During the days of NOAH the people were so wicked. God told them if they didn't repent a flood was coming and they would be destroyed. During the whole time Noah was building the ark, the people mocked him and called him an 'ole fool'. God said, "My Spirit shall not always strive with man." They mocked him right up until the day he entered the ark and God shut the door. When it started raining the mocking ceased, but it was too late.
In the days of SODOM, God could not even find ten righteous in the city. They all mocked, but the day Lot left, Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire. Matthew 17:26-29
PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. They act macho and announce special wrestling bouts calling them 'THE JUDGMENT DAY'.
Galations 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." KJV
Jude 18 "How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts." KJV
It was inexcusable that THIS FALSE PROPHET CRIED 'WOLF'and gave a false warning which was contrary to the scriptures. The fallout of this has made Bible prophecy and the message of the Coming of the Lord a farce to untold millions. This accomplished exactly what Satan and Christ's enemies wanted.
Matthew 24:11, Jesus said, "And MANY FALSE PROPHETS SHALL RISE, AND SHALL DECEIVE MANY."
Jesus said we would not know the day or the hour when he returned, but we would be given the sign of the generation. Matthew 24:34. (Read the entire Matthew 24 for the signs).
The Signs of the Times are everywhere: devastating tsunamis, earthquakes, killer tornadoes and hurricanes; horrific floods; the Israeli-Palestinian conflict; world globalization and preparing to set up the Antichrist world government; the proliferation of immorality and wickedness; and the spirit of antichrist which is getting stronger by the day. This is not 'The Apocalypse', but things are starting to look more apocalyptic by the day. One thing can be guaranteed, at some point that only the heavenly Father knows, 'The Apocalypse' will happen! (The Apocalypse is the 7 Seals, 7 Trumpets, 7 Vials, and 7 Thunder judgments of the Book of Revelation'. See the article: 'Global Warming Related to Bible Prophecy', www.lorendavis.com)
Many are mocking God's warnings today JUST LIKE IN THE DAYS OF NOAH AND LOT. Jesus said, "So shall it be in the days when the son of man appears." Luke 17:30
Yet many are saying, "See, nothing is ever going to happen. Christ will never return! IT'S NOT TRUE! (See the article: 'Signs of the Times', 'A Central World Government is Coming', www.lorendavis.com)
2 Peter 3:4-5 "And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God" KJV
Jesus said, Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Jesus Himself doesn't know the day or the hour, so how can some so-called 'prophet' think he knows more than Jesus?
THE PROMISE OF CHRIST'S RETURN
Acts 1:10-11 "And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."
1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." KJV
Don't let your guard down just because false prophets shout 'wolf' setting dates for Christ's return. The fact is that we must not be intimidated to quit preaching about the Second Coming of Christ.
Hebrews 9:28 "and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." KJV
NO ONE IS READY TO LIVE UNTIL HE MAKES PEACE WITH GOD AND KNOWS WHERE HE WILL SPEND ETERNITY.
2 Corinthians 6:2 "behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation"
John 6:47 Jesus said, "He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." KJV
Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." KJV
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" KJV